Platt Richmond represents both lenders and borrowers in connection with commercial loans of various kinds, including senior, mezzanine, royalty-based, and receivables purchasing. Our lender clients include banks, debt-focused investment funds and other non-bank lenders. Our borrower clients include operating businesses, investment funds and their affiliates, and non-profits. Platt Richmond’s corporate finance experience includes leveraged buyout transactions, management buyouts, and growth capital loans. We have extensive experience with matters involving collateral, guarantees and other credit support.
Platt Richmond’s representative experience includes:
- Senior secured loans by banks and non-bank lenders
- Mezzanine loans (often with warrants or minority equity investments) by investment funds
- Royalty-based loans by investment funds
- Intercreditor agreements
- LBOs and MBOs
- Factoring and other receivables purchasing
- Merchant cash advances and other distressed lending
On the real estate finance side, Platt Richmond has extensive sophisticated experience representing lenders and investors in the senior debt, junior and mezzanine debt, and equity financing of complex commercial real estate transactions. Platt Richmond represents various regional banks and non-traditional lenders in managing the legal side of real estate lending transactions.