Platt Richmond attorneys provide solutions to clients in distressed asset and special situation matters, allowing clients to maximize value, minimize costs, and position for the future. We represent boards of directors, management, owners, creditors, lenders, investors and acquirors in the full spectrum of in- and out-of-court restructuring transactions, including claim prosecution, financial recapitalizations, acquisitions and liquidations. Our lawyers also advise on insolvency issues in corporate and financing transactions.
Whether asserting claims, negotiating a debtor’s chapter 11 plan to maximize return, or advising on executory contracts and other issues to resume normal business operations, Platt Richmond leverages its experience with insolvency laws to help clients achieve their bottom-line business goals.
Platt Richmond’s representative experience includes:
- Claim prosecution for creditors, including financial institutions, landlords, trade vendors, and other stakeholders
- Distressed asset acquisitions under Section 363
- Management advisory on corporate and financial structuring considerations for bankruptcy risk minimization
- Secured creditor foreclosures under state and federal law
- Insolvency litigation, including prosecution and defense of state and federal fraudulent transfer and preference claims
- Debt workout negotiations on behalf of lenders and borrowers