Platt Richmond partners with employers to be a front-line guard in risk mitigation and strategic employment law planning. This collaborative consultation includes counseling on and preparing company policies, handbooks, and employment agreements to help mitigate risk, reduce potential litigation exposure, and ultimately reduce costs and internal employee dissatisfaction.
For employers in the midst of conflict, we bring a diverse litigation team to bear as your zealous advocate. We are trial-tested, experienced litigators that have represented companies of all sizes in employment law claims, arising from:
- The Texas Labor Code (including Chapters 21 and 451)
- The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title VII
- Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA)
- The Texas Whistleblower Act
- The Texas Citizens Participation Act (“Anti-SLAPP”)
- The Equal Pay Act
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act
We also represent clients litigating disputes involving restrictive covenants such as non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, as well as conflicts over use of trade secrets and other confidential information. Translating this expertise, we also counsel executives and physicians in the negotiation of their employment agreements, compensation and incentive plans and strategic planning of legacy and exit strategies.